Sunday, March 29, 2009

Our Trip to Zions' National Park

We had so much fun this past weekend. Lonnie and I have a "bucket list" of things we want to see/go to before he isn't able to travel any longer. Zion's National Park was one of items on the list so we were so excited when Bob and Jen Peacock invited us down to Zion's National Park with their family. Since I haven't ever been there and Lonnie hasn't been there in lots of years, we decided to take them up on their offer. It was a beautiful weekend. The weather was fantastic so we didn't need the the winter clothes we packed. I have never seen such beautiful scenery.



We had lots of "critter" interventions. They sure were cute and they obviously didn't fear us too much.






We took a trail that Lonnie was able to come on. He had a riot racing the kids. Some of the people we passed were surprised to see him in his chair on the trail and were impressed. I think it will take a lot to slow him down.

I have a real think for windmills, wind socks, etc. When we drove by this place I just had to stop and check them out. I really wanted a small one of these but the prices just blew me away. They started at $700 and went up from there. Maybe someday....


Once again, we want to thank the Peacock family for a wonderful adventure.


Keep checking back as we check things off our list.







4 comments:

  1. AWESOME, looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zion's is beautiful, I am glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a blast! Thanks for coming with us. More things we need to do now to check stuff off of that list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun, glad you were able to go and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete