Friday, February 20, 2009

Clinic Day

I thought I'd let you know how Lonnie's clinic went.

Wednesday, February 18, Erik took Lonnie to clinic so Lonnie could see all of his practitioners. Dr. Bromberg says he is still declining but not as rapidly as some. That is some good news. The physical and occupational therapists gave him new gadgets to try at home to make his life easier. Some we will hang on to for future use. They gave him new medicine to add to his "hand full of meds" he takes twice a day. All in all, it was a good clinic day.

Dr. Bromberg told him they are starting a new study so we will go to the meeting in March to find out the details and get him signed up. From what he told me, it will involve IV medicine. I asked him how he felt about it and he is all for it. He's willing to try anything (my husband, the rat lab participant) to help other people who will get this horrible disease. We'll keep you posted on how that is going.

3 comments:

  1. Heck ya! Come to Disneyland with us! E-mail me at mamanurse06@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update on Lonnie. I hope you had a chance to look at my blog. I have posted a few pics of Lonnie as a little guy! And he is injured in one...go figure!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say that I can't wait to see your Disney pics!

    ReplyDelete